Promoting your business online through search marketing is only one way in which you can take advantage of the internet to grow your business. Here are five key Google products can help you make the most out of your online presence and make a difference to your bottom line.
1. GOOGLE ADSENSE
Earn money from relevant ads on your website
Google AdSense provides ads for your website, matches them precisely to your website’s content, and you earn money whenever your visitors click on them. Ad formats include text, image, flash, and click-to-play video.
AdSense for content automatically crawls the content of your pages and delivers ads (you can choose both text or image ads) that are relevant to your audience and your site content; ads so well-matched in fact, that your readers will actually find them useful.
AdSense for search allows website publishers to provide Google web and site search to their visitors, and to earn money by displaying Google ads on the search results pages.
To learn more about how to become an AdSense Publisher, visit http://adsense.google.com.
2. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Learn how people are using your website and how you can make it even more efficient for your business.
How can I know how people find my site, what they do in it and how they become customers?
Google Analytics is a free, powerful web analytics tool that provides actionable insight into how people find your website, what they do once they get there and how they become customers. In this way, you can determine what marketing initiatives are driving the most valuable traffic to your site and how best to convert them once they are there. Google Analytics is fully integrated into Google AdWords and is free to all advertisers, publishers and site owners.
To help you understand, interpret and act on what you find, Goggle Analytics provides help and tips for every report.
Google Analytics can help you:
- Calculate the return on investment on marketing initiatives
- Discover which customer segments are most valuable and where they are located
- Understand what steps prospective customers take to conversion and understand how you can improve that process so that more visitors become customers. For example, a report can tell you what percentage of the people who started actually completed each step in the signup/purchase process. It can also tell you where visitors who drop out go. This can help you find and correct obstacles to conversion.
- See click and conversion information for every link on your website. In this way, you can understand how design and layout on your site affect your pro
• To help you understand, interpret and act on what you find, Google Analytics provides help and tips for every report.
There’ll be no more digging through reports. Put all the information you need on a custom dashboard that you can email to others.
How it works:
Sign up for a Google account and paste the Google Analytics tracking code you will get into each of your website pages to begin tracking immediately.
Learn more at www.google.com/analytics
3. WEBSITE OPTIMISER
Automatically test different site content in order to maximise visitor conversion rates.
Website Optimiser is a free website testing and optimisation tool that allows you to increase the value of your existing websites and traffic at no cost. You can test site layout and combinations of site copy and images and understand which ones generate the most customer conversions. In this way, you can quickly and easily increase revenue and ROI, whether you’re new to marketing or an expert.
Using Website Optimiser you can:
- Increase website conversion rates
- Decrease visitor bounce rates
- Increase time spent on your site
- Increase visitor satisfaction
• Eliminate guesswork from site design